Monday, May 26, 2014

Aspire, Perspire, Inspire...



Hello All,



Those three words are on my water bottle and I felt like they pretty much summed up how I felt this week. Aspiring to do my best, perspiring constantly, and feeling very inspired. I learned so much this week from my leaders, my companion, and most of all the Spirit. It's hard to convey all of it in a short email, but I'll try my best :)



Brother Ronell will be baptized on JUNE 7 :) He is doing so great and is so excited! He is coming to church every week, reading, praying, following the word of wisdom and has truly humbled himself. He prayed in Gospel Principles yesterday and was grinning from ear to ear. He's come a long way! 

Brother Roger is also regularly coming to church. We helped him make a plan of what to do when he feels tempted to drink or smoke. We did a little role play where I pretended to be one of his friends trying to get him to smoke and he did great! He told me no and that he was going to buy candy instead of smoking. We know he can do it with Heavenly Father's help! :)



Yesterday we had a meeting with all the leaders of the branch and helped them set a goal for baptisms each month. They decided that we can reach FIVE baptisms each month together as a branch! They are all so supportive and we know we can help rescue 5 precious souls each month with their help. We will be working with our Branch mission leader, Brother Mario to set goals for referrals received and lessons with a member present in order to achieve the goal!


 Sisters at a branch member's birthday party.


I had my third and last exchanges with Sister Stokes this past week. She is a great example to me and I've learned so much from having her as my STL for the last 6 months. She has a no-stress attitude but truly gives everything she has to the people she serves. I want to be more like her! Her commitment and her love radiates from her. She is actually companions with Sister Baluyot now in Bayambang! 



I think I must be gaining weight or something...On Saturday, as we were leaving Sister Delia's house, I stood up to leave and took a step and stepped right through the FLOOR! The house is up on stilts and my knee was level with the floor! I earned myself a foot-long scrape on my leg and a few nice black bruises. I felt worse though about the floor! I'll try to figure out a way to fix it for them!



That's all for this week. The Savior lives and I am so blessed to be able to represent Him here!



Love,

Sister Gustafson 



 Dagupan Zone - Love these Sisters and Elders!







No comments:

Post a Comment