Monday, July 21, 2014

Tired and happy to the bone!



 Yup, that's how I felt this week- tired and happy to the bone. We had three exchanges, a baptism, and solved my first emergency pull-out situation :) It was an exhausting and fulfilling, busy week


Sister Corazon was baptized on Saturday. Her beaming smile said it all :) Next up, her daughter and son-in-law. Hopefully we can gain their trust, will be able to find them at home, and will be able to teach them!

Our weekly planning session on Thursday was one of the longest of my mission- almost 6 hours- mainly because our area is nearly exploding with investigators with a potential to be baptized and also because we had a lot of phone calls to make to remind sisters about upcoming exchanges and reporting to the zone leaders. I've really gained an appreciation for planning here in the mission. Even though sometimes it can be so emotionally and spiritually draining, it is an opportunity to receive revelation for our area and sisters and to essentially plan for people's salvation. I've really gained an appreciation for having a plan in order to use Heavenly Father's time wisely and according to His will.

Sister Brown and I had a great time on exchanges on Wednesday. We’ve both seen such incredible changes in ourselves since we've been here in the Philippines and our teaching skills (and Tagalog haha ) have improved tremendously since our time in the MTC. I'm so glad to have her as a co-ward missionary and a friend :) We were excited/alarmed/curious because we heard our first signal -3 typhoon was heading toward our province, but it turned the other way. We decided that our mission president has really strong faith and his prayers for protection for the missionaries were answered. Typhoon season sure keeps you on your toes!

We had a very powerful lesson last night with an inactive family who was sealed in the temple more than 10 years ago. The mom is currently not attending church  and is working on Sunday instead. Sister Flores was in tears and the Spirit bore such a powerful witness as we testified of the potential Heavenly Father sees in their family. We promised them miracles if they will remember their promises to Him and return to the truth they once knew and lived. Experiences like that only strengthen my testimony and gratitude for my own eternal family. We love the Sarmiento Family and know that the Atonement can heal their hearts and help them to come back to the path to the Celestial Kingdom.

On Friday I was filled with gratitude and wonder for the Spirit. I was leading an area on exchanges that I had only been to a few times, so I was praying so hard that the Spirit would guide me to know where to go and who we needed to teach. We were lead to meet a new investigator, a very lonely old man who lives all alone and really needs the gospel. I also felt calm and at peace the whole day, even though we may have gotten a tiny bit lost. I testify that Heavenly Father knows each of us individually and knows our needs. He will send His Spirit to guide us, lead us and comfort us through our long days of uncertainty and He will lead us back to the correct path when we get a little lost. 

I hope you have a great, sunny, miracle-filled week :)
Sister Gustafson


 
 Teaching a Filippino family

 Picture says "To Gustafson From Kent"

No comments:

Post a Comment