Monday, November 17, 2014

More than just teaching...



Hello Everyone!
We had an amazing week :) I love my dear companion more and more with each day. I don't think I've ever gotten so close with anyone after knowing them for such a short time. She truly inspires me every day to work harder and to be more in tune with the Spirit :) and we are having way too much fun together. Laughing is definitely something we do every day :) She is always ready to give me a hug and compliments me every single night. I am so grateful to have such a supportive and loving companion :) She is the best!!

Can I just mention again how much I LOVE the members and the amazing Filipino people I get to work with here! They have incredible resilience and optimism no matter what their circumstances are! I love it!! :) We had a member visit this week with the Lumibao family and as we were sharing a message with them before we ate, they shared with us about how their house got broken into and robbed a few weeks ago as they were sleeping on the floor in their living room. Their laptop and rice cooker and a lot of money was stolen, but the only thing Sis Luminao talked about was how grateful they were, grateful that they were safe and still alive. They were so grateful and actually smiling as they told us the story. I love the Filipino spirit and have so much to learn from these people about how to be grateful in any circumstances :)

Sister Mylene is still a miracle investigator :) She is soo smart and amazes us with her questions like wanting to know who baptized Joseph Smith and how the church is organized. We had some really powerful lessons with her this week. We taught her the restoration and invited her to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. She could only whisper her answer, but she said it will all the strength she had- YES! It's going to take a miracle for her to be baptized, but it's a good thing we have the God of Miracles on our side :) I'll keep you updated on her progress :)

With Sister Mylene and her family
 Our part member investigator, 10 year old Jhonice (our recent convert family) is doing great. Even though he is so young we can really see his enthusiasm to come to church and to read and to pray. He didn't have school because of Pangasinan Day on Wednesday and we asked him what he did. We asked him if he played with his friends and he said no, that he read the Book of Mormon :) so cute! He should be baptized in two weeks if all goes according to schedule! :)

Most interesting new investigator of the week: Engineer Layao. He is the engineer project manager working at the new stake center site here in Bayambang. He has built 15 other LDS churches in his career, but has never actually attended a church meeting inside of one of them. He's had former mission presidents and area authorities try to introduce the gospel to him, but we are the first missionaries that have tried in a while. He's a little uncertain right now, but we'll keep trying him! He has a ton of potential to be a future leader in the church! :)

We have a great and super busy week ahead. We will be having two exchanges and be going to Lingayen for meetings and studies with the sisters tomorrow. I love exchanges and meetings with the other leaders :) Being a missionary is so fun! :)

I love this work and I love my companion! I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father. I know that all the trials and experiences I am having here are not only helping me to help others to come unto Them, but helping myself as well to prepare to be His eternal servant. This calling is more than about teaching. It's about becoming and helping others become. I'm grateful I'm here to BECOME! :)

I love you all,


Sister Gustafson  :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment