Monday, November 3, 2014

His Work, His Way


Sister Yakana, Sister Opeda and Sister Gustafson

Hello Everyone! :)


We had a great lesson this week with Bro and Sis Balansay. Since they are both a little older and can't read, we read 3 Ne 11 with them. The Spirit was so strong as we read about how the Savior came down after His resurrection and taught His people in ancient America about baptism. They both said they felt it too. Yesterday they came to church and stayed for the whole three hours! Bro B's smile just keeps getting bigger and bigger every time we go to their house and the Spirit is really starting to touch their lives as the live the word of wisdom and pray together as husband and wife :)



We had to move Tanya and Yechia's baptism back a little bit after an unexpected coffee drinking problem that had somehow slipped by their mother... we know they will be baptized though and are so repentant :)

With ward members


We are so blessed to have so many many many referrals from the members and the mission office here in our area. Because Bayambang is so huge, we work mainly from referrals, which is such a blessing. The members are so involved and so willing to refer their friends and relatives. I love the Bayambang 1st ward!



With Sister Opeda
Sis Opeda goes home tomorrow and I'm going to miss her so so much. She has such a gift for making people laugh. She made me laugh every single day this transfer and I'm going to miss her love and friendship so much!! :)



In Preach My Gospel we are taught that we are to do the Lord's work in His way and by His power. I would like to share a quote from Sister Eliza R. Snow that I found as I was reading  Daughters in My Kingdom ( a really amazing book about the history of the Relief Society. I would encourage all of you to read it!). She said that the Holy Ghost "satisfies and fills up every longing of the human heart, and fills up every vacuum. When I am filled with that Spirit, my soul is satisfied, and I can say in good earnest, that the trifling things of the day do not seem to stand in my way at all. But just let me lose my hold of that spirit and partake of the spirit of the world, in the slightest degree, and trouble comes; there is something wrong. You cannot impart comfort that will satisfy the immortal mind, but that which comes from the Fountain above." I am so blessed to feel that comfort and peace as a missionary every single minute of every single day. It is why I am so so happy :) I LOVE being a missionary and feeling the spirit working through me all the time! Such a blessing :)



I love you all!

Sister Gustafson

Sisters Opeda & Gustafson with Elders


Bayambang Zone



Bayambang Sisters!


More Sisters!




The last three photos came without any explanation. They appear to be from a zone activity of some sort involving funny hats, water guns and volleyballs/basketballs. Whatever it was...looks like they had fun! :)
 






No comments:

Post a Comment