Monday, January 6, 2014

Bagong Taon! (The New Year)

Hello All!

I realize I've been slacking in explaining about what's going on with our investigators. So I'm repenting and changing today :)
 
Sister Marlene has come to church the last two weeks! Yes! The only reason she's not baptized is because her kids are constantly sick or she can't find money to pay for a tryke to come to church. That's the problem with Aplaya, one of our areas. It's super far out and there are a lot of struggling people there, so it's really hard for them to come to church sometimes. But Sister Marlene is good. She has a lot of great fellow shippers. Hopefully she will keep coming to church! :) She's the one in the picture on the right, with her husband and one of her daughters. The other lady is Sister Perlita, her neighbor and one of our other investigators.
 
 
Sister Liza. Goodness I loove Sister Liza. She's like a a shiny, sharp razor blade. She is an accounting teacher and so so bright. She knows everything about the Bible and is a very very devoted Catholic. It's so nice because of her strong religious background and solid education, she can actually understand what we teach her. A lot of times our investigators have very little education, so they don't understand what we teach and just nod and say they understand when they actually don't. Liza asks us questions like, "What race is the prophet Mormon?" or "What was going on in the Bible during the time of Alma?" She really reads and understands the Book of Mormon though and has a strong desire to know if it's true! We have a lot of hope for Liza!

In other news:
- I spent all of Thursday night in the bathroom throwing up. Not sure what happened, but it wasn't fun. Next time I'll be more careful about eating so much random food that's given to us!
- We had one of the most spiritual sacrament meetings I've had here on Sunday. So many very powerful testimonies. I have a lot of admiration for the faithful saints here!
- We learned that you shouldn't leave a pot of boiling sugar and water syrup on the stove unattended or it might catch fire...oops
- I taught Gospel Principles again with Sister Fronk!

I want all of you to know that the Atonement is real. Our Savior lives and loves each of us so much. His Atonement is the only way to overcome our weaknesses, trials and imperfections. I am so grateful for Him.
 
I love you all!
Sister Gustafson :)
 
 Because I'm silly :) and because it makes me happy!
(Mom's note: Glad we sent her that purple top for Christmas to complete her rainbow!)




No comments:

Post a Comment