Monday, January 27, 2014

The work rolls on...

Hello all,

Another week has come and gone in a flash. It's definitely been a bit of an adjustment getting used to a new companion, but the work moves on! I love Sister Va'enuku and her caring and happy ways!

Our investigators are doing great! We have so much potential with Danilo (the blind man), the Castillo and De Guzman families. Danilo came to church, which was a huuuge step for him, because of course it's really hard for him because he's blind. But we think he had a good experience!

We had a great weekend with the Lingayen Stake conference on Friday and Saturday. A member of the area presidency, Elder Echo Hawk and his wife were here. We had a very spiritual meeting all about missionary work on Saturday. I only wish all our church meetings here could be that spiritual and reverent. Elder Echo Hawk said that during last October's conference, President Monson called all the area authorities from all over the world to come to SLC for a special meeting. At the meeting he informed them that in every stake in the world, the Saturday session of stake conference would focus on missionary work. The Lord is truly hastening His work and I left the meeting grateful to be a small part of that work! I'm coming to realize too that He doesn't expect me to be perfect. He doesn't need a perfect missionary here in the Lingayen 2nd Ward. He needs me. Despite all my imperfections and struggles, He wants me here! 

I love you all so much and I'm so grateful to be here. I thank Heavenly Father every day for the chance to serve Him here.
Love,
Sister Gustafson :)

  An 8-year old baptism from the ward this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment