Monday, December 22, 2014

The biggest shock of my mission...



 These are our two Christmas trees in the Bayambang house.

Mga mahal ko sa buhay, 

So it was transfers this week and yes, I was transferred... back to Villasis! I was shocked when Our Zone Leader announced on Friday morning that I would be going back to my fourth area to be companions with Sister Gregory just because it had never crossed my mind that I could go back, but I'm so happy to be here. There are so many reasons I need to be back here. I need the people here and they need me and my companion at this time :) 

The welcome I received from the members here was so great. Going to church yesterday felt like I never left, but it's great to see the progress in the area. The whole Rabara (including sis Rovelia, who was baptized after I left!! :)) family is so strong and active and the Bustamantes (a family sis Fui and I found right before I left) are all baptized. The Versola family and Sis Lydia and Bro Rodolpho are working on their papers for the weddings so they can be baptized. :) It's such a blessing for me to be back in this area right now! :)

My new companion, Sister Gregory
My companion is Sister Gregory, from Randolph, Utah, 21 years old with the most beautiful curly hair I've ever seen :) She is a horse lover and sports fan and is one of my batchmates, so we've been friends for more than a year now. It's so fun to be companions with someone who I already know and love :) She is the sweetest sister and I'm so excited to be here with her!

We watched the primary children, all wearing white shirts or dresses, give their presentation in Sacrament meeting yesterday and I was filled with the love that Heavenly Father has for each one of us as His children. He loved us enough to send a tiny innocent baby, His Son, Jesus Christ to live and die for us. As I watched the adorable dark-haired, dark-eyed Filipino children singing "I Am a Child of God", it struck me how true that really is. It's the first principle we teach anyone we meet because it really is the foundation of all other gospel principles. I hope you all have a great Christmas and remember that we are all children of a loving Heavenly Father who loved us enough to send His Son for us that we may return to him. That's what it's all about! :)

Merry Christmas!
Sister Gustafson 


Goodbyes in Bayambang!

 




Brother Romeo and Sister Merly were baptized Saturday, after I left.

Brother Carlos was baptized, as well.
Even though I wasn't there, I'm so grateful I got to teach these wonderful people.

Brother Romeo, Sister Merly and Brother Carlos at their baptism with Sister Sarte and Sister Fronk.  Brother Romeo and Brother Carlos are wearing ties donated by seminary students in NH!



I finally did it. I ate the balut- the half-formed duck egg. Actually not too bad :) just don't look at it as you eat it haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment